Today is Internet day and we have decided to take the opportunity to give you some numbers on what Internet means nowadays. This information comes from the Royal Pingdom Report 2010:
- There are 1,97 billion users in Internet, this is about one third of the population worldwide.
- Europe represents 24,2% of total Internet users.
- There are more than 152 million blogs in Internet, thank you for reading ours!
- Facebook has more than 600 million users.
- More than 2 billion videos are watched daily on Youtube.
The travelling sector has been especially affected by the Web, as it has revolutionized the way we buy tickets, make reservation and the information we obtain about the places we go.
Because withouth Internet, Hotelopia would not exist… and without its readers, this blog wouldn’t exists either… Thank you!
Wednesday 18 May 2011 0:18 | Published by Blogtelopia-krds2 | Category: Interesting Stuff,Travel News,Travel Technology