The Foreign and Commonwealth Office has put together a Travel checklist of things you should do for your safety before going abroad, we have brought out the most important ones. Have a look, it will make you enjoy your holidays even more!
- Find out where the nearest EMBASSY will be; check their website to find out what services they offer and their opening times.
- Don’t travel without INSURANCE; make sure it covers you for any activities you are likely to undertake such as extreme or water sports
- If you are travelling within the EU, get a free EUROPEAN HEALTH INSURANCE CARD for free or reduced emergency care. Even if you do, you still need full travel insurance!
- Remember, you can call 112 to contact the emergency services in any EU country.
- Check with your doctor to find out if you need any VACCINATIONS before you travel.
- Make sure you’ve got correct VISAS for the country you are visiting and that your passport is valid.
- Take PHOTOCOPIES of your passport and other important documents and keep these separate from the originals when you travel and/or store them online using a secure data storage site.
- TELL a friend or relative where you are going and for how long for – give them some idea of your itinerary if possible and an emergency contact number
- Take enough MONEY for your trip and some back-up funds in a mix of cash and travellers cheque – make a note of the cheques’ numbers before you go.
Thursday 29 April 2010 17:22 | Published by Blogtelopia-krds2 | Categoriy: Interesting Stuff,Travel News